Career To Date
Get Serious. Get Gagné.
Mr. Gagné and his staff are successful professionals dedicated to you…your rights…and your health. Mr. Gagné will aggressively and vigorously fight for justice on your behalf. Don’t trust your physical, emotional, and financial well-being to just anyone…turn to us!
Harvard University, Harvard Business School, Cornell University, College of Arts and Sciences, English Honors Program, Dean’s List, English with a concentration in Political Philosophy, B.A., 1983; State University of New York Faculty of Law and Jurisprudence, J.D., 1991; Author: “A Guide to New York’s New Ethics in Local Government Law”, New York State Ethics Commission, Cyrus Vance, Director, 1990. The University of Virginia, Judge Advocate General’s School, 1992;
Prosecutor, Captain, Army Judge Advocate General’s Corps, Fort Jackson, SC 1992-1995; Special Assistant United States Attorney, Columbia, SC 1992-1995; Criminal Defense Counsel, USAR, 12th Legal Support Organization, Fort Jackson, SC 1995-1997; Assistant Solicitor for York and Richland County 1995 – 1997; Military Law Instructor, ROTC, University of South Carolina, Furman University 1997-1999; Attorney Offices of Thomas Gagné, P.A., Owner/President, offices in Greenville and Spartanburg, SC 1998-present. Former Regional Chairman Cornell Ambassadors Program. Licensed in South Carolina.
National Defense Service Medal, Army Commendation Medal, Army Service Ribbon.
President/Owner Attorney Offices of Thomas Gagné, P.A. with offices in Greenville and Spartanburg, S.C. Law firm concentrating in personal injury – litigation, insurance, negligence, worker’s compensation, other torts, and social security disability. Responsible for all aspects of practice from litigation to marketing, personnel to budgeting. One attorney, approximately 3 support staff.
National Trial Lawyers Top 25 Workers Compensation Lawyers in South Carolina since 2019*, National Trail Lawyer Top 25 Auto Injury Lawyers in South Carolina since 2019*, National Trial Lawyer’s Top 100 Trial Lawyers since 2015*, Ethics in Business Award Better Business Bureau 2016 †
The National Trial Lawyer’s, South Carolina Bar Association, South Carolina Association for Justice, South Carolina Workers Compensation Educational Association, and Cornell Alumni Ambassador, Distinguish Faculty Member, National Business Institute.
- The Hunter Artist, Cover Story, The Grapevine Magazine, April 1984
- Arias with Arabesques: Ithaca’s Fusion of Opera and Ballet, Finger Lakes Living Magazine, March/April 1985
- The Art of Work in the Age of Anxiety, SC Lawyer Magazine, 2019
- SC Statutory Employment Law and Peripheral Employees, SC Lawyer Magazine, 2021
- A Guide to New York’s New Ethics in Local Government Law, N.Y. State Ethics Commission, 1989
- Winning Strategies & Tips in Worker’s Compensation Litigation, 2015
- Cross-Examination Techniques, 2015
- Overcoming Medicine: Mastering the Medical Case in Personal Injury Claims, 2017
- Would the Real Diagnosis Stand Up? 2017
- Building Litigation Skills in Personal Injury Cases, 2018
- The Three Faces of Evidence, 2019
- How to Lay a Foundation to Get Your Evidence Introduced, 2020
National Lecturer in Personal Injury Law
See – Lectures & Video Essays
Thomas is active in teaching personal injury law and practice to new generations of attorneys dedicating themselves to that field. To date, Thomas has written and delivered eight continuing legal education lectures/webinars covering cross-examination techniques, workers’ compensation, and personal injury practice for the South Carolina Bar and National Business Institute.
Family or Other Personal Information
Wife – Judith Ann Gagné.
Children: Jeffrey, Katherine, and Colin.
Interests: Reading history (Modern American and European), reading philosophy, watching movies, writing verse, golf, squash, swimming, tennis.
Birthplace: Atlanta, Ga – 1960.
Hometown: Portsmouth, NH.
Secondary Education: St. Paul’s School Advanced Studies Program – Physical Chemistry, Concord, NH, Class of 1977 & Portsmouth Senior High School, Class of 1978.
* By Invitation Only Selection criteria found at NTLA website
† Based on client reports.